Alert: Data Security Incident Find out more.
Welcome to the Security Zone.
Fraudsters are becoming increasingly more sophisticated in their attempts to obtain your personal information. These attempts are often made in the guise of a respected organisation. Take action to protect your personal information from fraudsters. Here are our top tips:
Beware of fake text messages or emails
- Don’t follow a link in a text message or email from an unknown source.
- Don’t open attachments from people you don’t know.
Beware of fake calls
- Don’t share your bank details over the phone.
Keep your password and PIN code secure
- Do use a strong password that is difficult to guess.
- Do change your password regularly
- Don’t share your password or PIN code with anyone else.
And remember, SUSI will never:
- Ask for your bank details or PPS number over the phone;
- Ask you to share or update your bank details by email, text or social media message. Changes to your bank details can only be made by you, through your online account;
- Divulge your username, password or PIN code to another person. These details can only be reset at your request;
- Discuss your personal information with a third party, without your consent;
- Send you unsolicited messages through social media;
- Ask you to disclose all 5 digits of your PIN at any time.
- Send emails to your registered email address, reminding you of important information about your grant application;
- Call you about your application and ask you to confirm some data protection information about yourself;
- Send you email reminders about how to update your bank details in your online account.
We will always:
- Ask you to enter your username, password and 3 random digits of your PIN, or your MyGovID, to access your SUSI account;
- Ask you, or any person contacting us on your behalf, to confirm your/their full name and some data protection information;
- Ensure that third parties have your consent before we discuss your application with them;
- Keep records of telephone calls, emails and social media replies that we’ve sent to you, in line with our data retention policy;
- Confirm by email any changes made to your email address or bank details through your online account.
- Request in writing any documentation that we need to process your application.
If you are concerned or would like to report a suspicious contact purporting to be from SUSI, please contact our Support Desk.
Phone: 076 1087874
If you’d like us to check if a communication is genuine, please include a screenshot of the email/text you received.