There is a special rate of grant available for eligible students. The conditions you need to meet to qualify for this rate of grant are as follows;
Eligible payment for Special Rate are listed below. Payments denoted with an asterix *, or double asterix ** are disregarded when calculating your reckonable income (i.e. not included in calculating reckonable income) as follows:
* disregarded in all cases
** disregarded where paid to the applicant only
Social Assistance Payments
1. Blind Pension.**
2. Carer’s Allowance.*
3. One Parent Family Payment.**
4. Jobseeker’s Allowance Transition.**
5. Deserted Wife’s Allowance.
6. Disability Allowance.**
7. Farm Assist.
8. Jobseeker’s Allowance (where held for 391 days or more).
9. State Pension (Non-Contributory).
10. Guardian’s Payment (Non-Contributory).*
11. Pre-Retirement Allowance.
12. Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partners (Non-Contributory) Pension.
13. Supplementary Welfare Allowance (where held for 15 consecutive calendar
Social Insurance Payments
14. Carer’s Benefit.
15. Deserted Wife’s Benefit.
16. Invalidity Pension.
17. Incapacity Supplement.
18. Occupational Injuries Death Benefit (Orphan’s pension).
19. Occupational Injuries Death Benefit (pension for a widow or widower).
20. State Pension (Contributory).
21. Guardian’s Payment (Contributory).*
22. Jobseeker’s Benefit (when combined with other eligible payments adding up to 391 days as per below note “Stacking of Eligible Long Term Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection Payments“).
23. Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partners (Contributory) Pension.
24. State Pension (Transition).
25. Back to Education Allowance (Second Level and Third Level Options).
26. Back to Work Allowance (Employees).
27. Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.
28. Community Employment Scheme.
29. Rural Social Scheme.
30. Tús Initiative.
31. Gateway Scheme.
32. Further Education and Training (FET) Courses, including apprenticeships.
33. Part time job incentive scheme.
34. Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS).
35. Foster Care and Aftercare Allowances where paid in respect of the applicant.*
36. Independent Living Allowance for Young People In Residential Care.
37. Working Family Payment/Family Income Supplement (FIS). *
38. In receipt of payments under the FIT (Fastrack to IT) initiative equivalent to a social welfare payment.
39. Partial Capacity Benefit where the recipient has an underlying entitlement to Invalidity Payment
40. Participants on a training course approved by a Government Department, State Agency or Area Partnership and who were in receipt of an eligible payment prior to progressing to the programme.
41. Grant aided employees in Community Services Programmes (formerly social economy enterprises).