Reviewing Your Grant Decision
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your grant application you may request a review of the decision as follows;
Make a Review Request
The following may be reviewed in respect of a final grant decision;
- Adjacent/Non Adjacent rate (distance between college/home);
- Reassessment of your total household income (if you feel it has been incorrectly assessed);
- Special Rate (Please click here for more information on the requirements for Special Rate awards); and
- Change of Circumstances;
- Loss of Employment/Permanent Reduction in Salary;
- Cessation of Business (If self employed);
- Nationality or Immigration status;
- Number of dependent children residing in the household;
- Sibling attending 3rd Level;
- Change of Course; and
- A change in your ordinary permanent residence (this is in relation to adjacent/non-adjacent rates of maintenance grant only).
You can request a review of the decision by contacting the SUSI Support Desk at 0761 087 874 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You should give as much information as possible about why the grant outcome, in your opinion, is incorrect. You may later receive a letter requesting additional documentation to support any information given.
If your review request results in a change to your original grant decision you will be advised of this and the appropriate amendments (if any) will be made to your application.