Previous Education and Progression – PLC
SUSI may need to know your academic history to determine if you are eligible for a grant.
|Further Education||PLC level 5||Certificate||- Maximum 3 years funding total at PLC level|
|Further Education||PLC level 6||Advanced Certificate|
You must be increasing your NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) level to be considered eligible for a grant.
You must be attending an approved course –
- that leads to a higher level of qualification than any you may already hold,
- that is at a higher level than any course you may have previously attended,
- in which you are progressing from one year to the next and not repeating a year (save in exceptional circumstances)
However, you may be considered eligible for funding as a “second chance” student where you –
- have previously attended but not completed a course,
- have had a 5-year break in studies since leaving that course, and
- are returning to attend an approved course.
Repeat Period of Study
If you are a student who is repeating a year on the same course, or entering the same year (e.g. Year 1), as previously attended, on a new course, then you are not eligible for a grant,
if you previously undertook a further education course but left prior to finishing, you may be eligible for a portion of a student grant once you have completed an equivalent period of study.