This is a summary of the SUSI Data Protection Statement.
Before submitting this application, the applicant and parties to the application must confirm that they have read and understood the full SUSI Data Protection Statement
- SUSI is a Unit of CDETB which is the data controller for student grant applications.
- SUSI may share personal data provided in your application with other Government bodies and agencies for the purpose of processing your grant application.
- SUSI will not retain data, including phone call records, for any longer than is necessary and/or as required by law, whether under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 or otherwise.
- SUSI take appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of the data and against their accidental loss or destruction.
- Personal data will not be shared with other persons (parent, spouse) who are parties to an application.
- Information regarding application status and required evidence and actions may be shared with such persons unless you inform SUSI that you do not wish this to happen.
- Where applicants identify relationship to other applicants or grant recipients, such information will be linked to ensure consistency and efficiency in processing.
- Pursuant to Section 3 and Section 4 of the Data Protections Acts, individuals may access their personal data and request a copy of their data held by SUSI.