In order to receive funding from SUSI, you must be an Irish, EU/EEA or Swiss Federation national.
If a student is none of the above, they may be eligible for funding under Student Grant Legislation if their immigration status or leave to remain, under the Department of Justice and Equality, is one of the following:
- Subsidiary Protection;
- Permission to remain as the family member of an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006 and 2008 and EU Directive (EU Treaty Rights provisions;
- Permission to remain because of marriage/civil partnership with an Irish national or as dependent child of such person;
- Humanitarian leave to remain granted before the Immigration Act 1999 came into effect;
- Permission to remain following a decision not to deport under Sections 3 of the Immigration Act 1999; or
- Permission to remain as a dependent child of a person who has acquired Irish Citizenship by naturalisation, residing in the State.